Thursday, June 23, 2011

"She's Perfect!"


Perfect.

A word that many parents of children with special needs doesn't hear that often from medical professionals.
And we have come to accept that.
However, in my eyes, my children are indeed perfect.

Perfect.

Yet on Post-op Day #4, Kaitlyn and I headed into the Optho office for her first follow-up appointment since surgery.

Perfect.

I worried that she would not be able to handle the ride, the 100 degree Chicago weather, the perpetual wait in the waiting room, the longer wait in the exam room, or the exam itself.

Perfect.

But then he entered.
The Doctor.
The Doctor who cried with me a mere four days before when her surgery was complete.
He examined her eyes, testing near and far vision, watching for the slightest drift or wander.
He was so silent.
She was so cooperative.
I was so nervous.

Perfect.

Then he turns to me and says "Mom, she is PERFECT!"
A collective sigh of relief.
The surgery was a success!
The drifty left eye was now midline and where it was supposed to be!
Binocular vision!

Once again, the miracle of God shown through the talented hands of a surgeon.
Can't get more perfect than that, can you?

post signature

4 comments:

  1. God is so good! I'm thrilled for you & Miss Kaitlyn!

    ReplyDelete
  2. The best news EVER! Love it. The orthoptist is watching Nolan's eyes for signs of drift, but so far they're straight (I guess it is a risk with amblyopia, because the "weak" eye can drift off if it isn't used). Here's to NO MORE surgeries!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is a lovely post... it made me cry too. Sometimes the planets just seem to align. Enjoy!

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is a lovely post... it made me cry too. Sometimes the planets just seem to align. Enjoy!

    ReplyDelete