Tuesday, October 18, 2011

Spider Craft


Let's get one thing straight: I HATE SPIDERS!

Eww!

The moment I see one, I flip out and scream!
I won't kill it, for fear that it will come after me.
So I do what any other spider-fearing woman would do: I make my husband kill it.
But this little guy is cute, so I am OK with it.

Here is what you will need for today's craft: •Small paper plate
•Black paint
•Paint brush
•Scotch tape
•Black construction paper
•Scissors
•White pipe cleaner or yarn
•Glue
•2 large googly eyes


And this is how to make your Paper Plate Spider:
•Paint the paper plate black on both sides and let it dry.
•Cut 4 strips of construction paper out.
Each strip should be the length of the paper.
Then cut each strip in half so you have 8 legs.
•Tape the legs to the bottom of the plate, 4 on each side.

•Glue the eyes onto your spider.
•Have an adult help poke a hole in the center of the plate and attach either a string or a pipe cleaner through the hole so that you have a way to hang your spider craft.
If you use the pipe cleaner, bend it once it's through the hole and then tape it to the bottom of the plate to secure it.


You can even substitute pipe cleaners for the spider's legs and bend them this wasy that that way to make it look like he is walking.
What is so great about this craft is that a preschooler could do it!
And even if the legs are lop-sided or not placed in the right place, it's OK.
The look of accomplishment on their faces is priceless!


post signature

No comments:

Post a Comment