Monday, June 25, 2012

Cookie: It's All About Summer Learning!


This blog post could simply be one line:  a website link.


I received an email from a someone who wanted me to just take a look at their site and possible put it on my blog.
So I looked.
And I was more than impressed!

VOILA!  The answer to my summertime question:  How do I keep educating my kids without them realizing that they are doing learning or doing work or even homework?

As parents, we worry about our children sliding back a bit and regressing, forgetting some of the things that they learned and worked so hard on over the last school year.
We put them in Extended School Year programs and camps and therapy to stay one step ahead of regression.
But we are only human, for goodness sakes!
We run out of time, ideas, and inspiration.

With Cookie, you can personalize your own summer curriculum with the use of this one and only website.



Here is an example of what you can do with Cookie:
  • Monday: "Arts and Crafts" Day.
  • Tuesday:  "Language and Reading".
  • Wednesday:  "Science".
  • Thursday:  "Math and Matching".
  • Friday:  "Puzzles and Handwriting".

Whatever you want, Cookie has it...and it's in their mission and philosophy statement on their home page:

At cookie, child experts and educators design interactive online games for kids. Our learning games for kids help in building skills needed for success in school. While playing our fun educational games, kids learn to read with phonics, build skills in math, language, social studies, science and much more. Our educational videos encourage children to keep learning, even after school hours.



Cookie is my answer for the summertime slump that I fall into around mid-July.
Better yet, from now on www.Cookie.com will be my year-round supplement to school!



post signature

1 comment: