"The best-selling reading game for kids has gotten even better! We've added more words and support for phonics. First Words: Deluxe provides endless fun for the toddlers in your life, all while giving your child a head start on learning their letters and learning to spell words.
First Words: Deluxe is toddler-tested and approved, with a user-interface designed specifically for the littlest of fingers. The game includes 174 words, including:
* 14 colors
*55 words from around the house
A wide range of options let you tune the game to match your child's current skills and abilities."
My son LOVES this app, and so do I!
- There is very little pre-teaching that I had to do with my child. The app itself did it all!
- He likes that you find the letter tiles scattered across the bottom of the screen but when you look at the top of the screen to where the word is to be spelled out, the visual is right there!
- He don't just see blank boxes and I have to tell him where to put them! They are muted out in the box to give your child that little hint they need.
- If he insists upon putting a letter tile in the wrong spot, he doesn't get a blaring "WRONG!" sound.
- He will get a gentle "BOINK" noise and the tile falls down below the letter which he guessed wrong.
- Another plus is that when he touches the letter tile, a man's voice says that letter: great for pairing the visual with the auditory cue!
- When the word is spelled correctly, the voice repeats each letter in the correct order and then says the word for your child to hear!
- The animation for each word is absolutely adorable!
- The ability to expand your child's understanding of shapes is immense! There is more to just circles and squares here...let's learn about an arc, arrow, clover, spiral, rainbow, and crescent!
- And there are more types of vehicles out there that your child sees on the streets. How about a rocket or sub?
- And when it comes to colors, the primaries aren't the be-all-end-all. How about teaching your child such colors like tan, gray, gold, and silver!
OK, just wanted to make that perfectly clear, seeing that many of our children thrive on the pairing for learning.
You can view this app yourself in iTunes here!
It only costs $4.99, but I truly believe that it is worth the price when you are teaching your child phonics in such a fun way!
You can "LIKE" Learning Touch's Facebook page here as well!
Stop by and tell them "Hello" and let them know that you heard about this awesome app from my blog post today!
And if you are on Twitter, you can follow Learning Touch here, too!
Re-tweet my tweet about this app review.
Show Learning Touch how awesome I think they are!
(*I received a copy of the above app for review. The above review is true and of my own opinion.)