Tuesday, July 31, 2012

Our Incentive Program: Bath and Body Works

Rewards.
Sticker charts.
Positive praise.
We've done them all.
Some days, they all work.
Some days, none of them work.
And just when we think we have found the best predictor to positive outcomes, life throws us a curve ball and we have to go back to the drawing board (or chalk board, dry erase board, Word Excel Spreadsheet.....whatever we happen to be using that day).

But thanks to Bath and Body Works, we now have an amazing incentive program that seems to remain consistent and gives us constant positive behavior.

Two words: hand sanitizers.

Finish your homework without complaining:  get a new hand sanitizer.
Don't argue with your brother all day:  get a new hand sanitizer.
Work hard in speech therapy and not give Miss M a hard time:  get a hand sanitizer.
Uh-oh!  Bad behavior today?  Lose privileges with sanitizers!
(This has only happened a couple of times and I swear you would think that the world was coming to an end!)

But for a mere $1.00 each, these little smelly gems are my Godsend!


This is her current stash.
Note how she made a smiley face!
And here she is.....with her smiley face and all THIRTY-THREE sanitizers that she has earned in the last couple of months.

Yes, 33.

So not only do we have good behavior, we have clean hands, too!

And with names like "Bee Nice" and "I Like Cake" they are definitely something right up my little girl's alley!

Here she is this morning, posing with her arsenal of good behavior rewards:


I'm not sure exactly how many different scents there are.
I get a tad lost in that sweet smelling store while my daughter dances around picking and choosing the next addition to her little bottle family.
I don't know if the current scents may be retired.
I don't know if there is a new line coming out soon.

So Dear Bath and Body Works, if you are reading this blog post and understand what I am going through and appreciate how I am using your product with my daughter and really appreciate how I am promoting your business right now.....THANK YOU for helping me.


post signature

2 comments:

  1. That is an awesome idea!! We are getting 2 foster girls that are into very girly stuff, but apparently have battles with washing hands and bath time. I bet this would be an awesome reward idea for them, plus get them to at least have clean hands without a fight. I love it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love this! I appreciate their hand sanitizes, too. Fun scents for sure.

    ReplyDelete