Tuesday, August 28, 2012

I am #72!

I am #72!!!

WOW!

To be included in a list like this, #72 is pretty darned awesome.....in my humble opinion!

Here is some background on what I am talking about:
A couple of weeks ago, I was contacted by a lady named Erin from Online Speech Pathology Programs (dot) net who said that my blog was being considered as part of this awesome list of resources entitled the "Best 100 Sites for Speech Pathologists".

I was shocked, honored, humbled, speechless.

Me?
The loud-mouthed, proactive, assertive, advocate for my kids?
Yes, me.

And then last week, the final word came:  I was in.
I was one of their top 100 sites.
I was now #72.

They described me as follows:
This blogger is a mother of a child with apraxia of speech, and she writes about the joys and struggles of parenting a child who needs speech therapy. A self-professed advocate for children’s rights, her writing is always warm and loving and clearly aimed at helping people when possible


OMG!
They make me sound cool!
And when I scrolled through their entire list, I am in some amazing company of bloggers and websites!

You can view the entire list here!

Now I feel like I need to make some sort of acceptance speech here.
(Clears throat)

"First of all, I would like to thank Erin for emailing me about my inclusion in this list.
I would like to thank whomever stumbled upon my blog and for reading it and thinking that I really have something good to offer.
I would like to thank all of you who continue to read and support my blog with your likes, shares, and comments.
I would like to thank all of the SLPs out there who work with kids like mine everyday and for your dedication and inspiration.
And I would especially like to thank my two kids who struggle with apraxia and other speech-language issues.
You two have taught me so much.
More than any college professor could teach me.
More than any book on Amazon.com.
And finally I would like to thank God for my two gifts.
I give all the glory to you.
Without you giving me my two most precious gifts in my life, my world would be dark and silent"

(cue music....ain't gonna let Kanye West ruin MY moment!)

And I take a humble bow.

post signature

No comments:

Post a Comment