Thursday, August 2, 2012

School Accommodations 101

With my daughter entering a general ed setting in the fall this year, I am refreshing my mind and sharpening my skills on what is/is not an appropriate accommodations for her for school.

Now, by no means do I want her "carried" through her entire elementary education!
However, if there is an accommodation out there that is appropriate for her, then by all means we will ask for and use that accommodation.

Although this article is from 2006, I am confident that many of these options are still indeed viable options that can be used and substituted in a typical school day.

What do you think?
Do you have any other ideas that you could use?
What have you used for your child in the past that was successful?
What brought you back to the drawing board?

Special needs, special education and IEPs are always a work-in-progress.
Changes and modifications can always be made.

Here is to a successful 2012-2013 school year!

post signature

No comments:

Post a Comment