Monday, August 6, 2012

Thank You, Bath and Body Works: Part 2

Last week I blogged about how we have been using Bath and Body Works products for our daughter as a personalized incentive program for good behavior.

I put it out there.
I shared our story.
I divulged my recent ploy to get good behavior out of my daughter.
I put it on my Facebook page.
I put it on Twitter.
I sent it to Bath and Body Works, too!

Well, our story was heard by Bath and Body Works and they were so supportive of what we are doing for our daughter and how we incorporated their product!
They shared my story.
They "retweeted" my tweet.
I was so happy that a major company would see the joy in my success with my little girl with special needs.
Face it, many companies turn and look the other way or shudder in fear when the words "special needs" is linked with their name.
Not Bath and Body Works.
They actually took it up a notch.
They sent my daughter this totally awesome gift basket:


I wish I could have captured the look on her face when she opened the packing box.

Priceless and heartwarming...all wrapped into one.

After she was done doing her little morning happy-dance, she ripped into the cute gift basket like a kid at Christmas time!
It warmed my heart to see her open the card which was personally signed by members of the Social Media Team for Bath and Body Works and realized that her name was on that card!
One by one, each mini hand sanitizer was gently removed from the basket.
Each one was examined, questioned, and categorized.
Yes, she categorizes them somehow in her own little way.
I still can't figure out her categories exactly, but my best guess is that she separates them by scent, color, or image.
Not sure on this one yet, but I'll get back to you when I figure it out.
Methodically, she lined them up on our kitchen island counter.
She stood back to admire her work.
And she smiled.
Then, in one fell swoop, she placed them all back in the basket.
"Mom, these are so awesome!  Where did this get this from?"
(Translation:  where did this come from vs. where did I get this.)

After telling her a story about a little girl who had good behavior and all of the great hand sanitizers that she would get for that good behavior, she nodded her head like she understood.
Maybe she did.
Maybe she was playing me again.
Nonetheless, she was one happy camper at 8:00am!
And like any typical child, she was distracted by something else for a brief moment and I jumped at the chance to see what exactly was in her goodie basket:

Mini sanitizer holders for her backpack or lunch bag....and cute little animals, too!


The Eiffel Tower, Peace and Love!


A spooky-cute set of Halloween treats!
(I hope this is a prelude of what we can see in stores in October!)

She is so excited!
She loves the fact that she now has 12 new "friends" to add to her current brood of 33.
Yep, if you lost count since my last post, that is now 45 different hand sanitizers!

Oh. My. Gosh.

Whatever it takes to get good behavior out of her.
And clean hands, too!
What more can a Mom ask for, right?

Thanks again, Bath and Body Works, for your generosity and for making my little girl feel like a celebrity!




post signature

4 comments:

  1. That is so awesome!!!! She looks so happy!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow! What a wonderful story. Of course I'm in trouble now. My daughter was looking over my shoulder as I read this and saw the cool pictures. Now I'm probably going to start using your technique and reward her with good behavior with them. She loves her "hanitizer" as she calls it. For some reason she's obsessed with scents too. Every where we go, she has to wash or "hanitize" her hands and smell them. I think I've smelled every restroom soap that is produced.

    thanks for posting about this because it gives me another idea for rewarding good behavior which we are struggling with.

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is such a great story. I love it!
    I also wanted to let you know that I've been following your blog and in the spirit of blogging, networking and chain letter fun, I nominated you for the Versatile Blogger award. If you feel like participating (and have the time to do so), please visit my blog, More Than Words http://mthanw.blogspot.ca to check out the details.
    Have a great weekend!
    Stacey

    ReplyDelete
  4. I just found your blog via a random FB post...and love what I've read so far. My 7 y/o daughter was diagnosed w/CAS when she was 2.5 - and she's come SO far since then - however, the categorizing hand sanitizers and then putting them all back in the basket is EXACTLY something my Callie would do.

    Thank you for sharing your stories & I look forward to reading more!

    ReplyDelete